Australian Forestry Standard Limited (AFSL)
Reaccredited in August 2010, AFL is a not-for-profit public company registered in July 2003. The company manages the standard development functions and the elements of the Australian Forest Certification Scheme.
The objectives of Australian Forestry Standard Limited are to:
- promote sustainable forest management in Australia's forests through an Australian Forestry Standard to be owned by the Company (AFS);
- support and maintain the development of the AFS, and other related or complementary standards;
- maintain accreditation as a Standards Development Organisation;
- support and facilitate the use of the AFS, and any related standards, for forestry certification within Australia; and
- seek mutual recognition for the AFS internationally.
Since accreditation, AFSL has developed two Australian Standards:
- Forest management - Economic, social, environmental and cultural criteria and requirements for wood production (known as the Australian Forestry Standard)
- Chain of custody for certified wood and forest products
For more information, visit their website at www.forestrystandard.org.au